Do Fishes Have a Spirit?

Read the article and leave a comment.

I'm struggling with this myself, to decide if it was real or if I imagined it. All I can do is write it down here, as it happened to me, and let you all be the judge.

I left England, UK, to come and live in Argentina after a difficult time in my life. I moved to San Telmo, to get involved in the antiques trade that I love, in Buenos Aires. Now this is a town rife with spiritual activity, although I didn't know that when I moved here! I was aiming for Palermo because a friend lived there, but ended up in San Telmo - long story. Anyway.

When I first got my apartment, I was lonely: I admit it. I would've liked a dog or a cat but the landlord was difficult, and I didn't want to push my luck in my new country. So I got myself two fish, thinking "the landlord can hardly object to the noise they make!" and for a few months, we were all happy.

Then, sadly, I found one morning that both fish had died in the night. I don't know if they'd fought, or there was something in the water, but dead they were, both wedged in the bubble-generating treasure chest that they'd loved while they were still with us. I buried them in the little park outside the Recoleta cemetery, and got used to the idea that they were gone. But I missed them, and after a few weeks had passed, I decided to get new fishes. I couldn't see a reason to replace the tank, or the plants, or the treasure chest since it was clearly popular.

But here's the strange part: it doesn't matter what I do, the new fish won't go ANYWHERE NEAR the treasure chest. I even tried putting their food inside, but they wouldn't touch it! In the end I got a new tank, and they're happy in there. But what was it about the old treasure chest that made them fear it? Perhaps I'll never know.

Thanks for letting me share that. It's hard, far from home and estranged from your mother, to deal with these things and sometimes you just think you're imagining it. It's good to know other people share these experiences, and you're not alone with them.

Love

Jose

Powered by eBizar