Should I Be Paying Attention?

Read the article and leave a comment.

In 2005 I was driving to work and when I stopped at the lights, as if I was dreaming, I had a vision of a funeral and saw many people that I would have known. I did not know whose funeral but I felt immense grief and could not control how it made me feel. I cried uncontrollably. The following week, my very dear and close aunt died and the vision I saw that day was what I saw at the funeral. The night of her funeral I saw her face appear before mine, like if she was floating towards me, and she told me to look after my cousin, her daughter.

My next vision occurred in 2007 when my father was about to have his surgery. I "dreamt" that the family went on a picnic as we normally do and on our return there was a gathering of friends and family at the house. All I remember saying was "why are you guys here; my father isn't dead." About a week later my father passed away after his surgery and the vision I had seen was from his wake.

There are many other instances that I am uncertain as to whether I "dreamt" of things happening or was I thinking of them after they occurred. All of them were not bad occasions but I doubt myself as the event itself triggered the vision.

At times I am very aware of people's thoughts and emotions, especially my mother's but that maybe because I am her caregiver. However, there are other things that spook me out. My mum sees and feels the presence of things; family and friends that have passed and gets the message. Additionally, she also sees events prior to its happening (kind of, I think it just logical/ intuition). She does not like to encourage conversations when I mention things that I have experienced. My sister once told me when I was a child I used to talk to a "ghost" and I remember the babysitter taught me how to deal with spirits that hold you down. I vaguely remember these events but there must have been a reason she felt it necessary to teach me that.

That was an introduction on a few experiences over my life. Onto my concerns now; after my dad passed away I would be at work and always smell smoke around me. No one else smelt this smoke so I thought that it was smoke from my brother smoking around the laundry. In the back of my mind I wondered if it was my dad as he was a smoker. What made me think more so is when I attended my best friend's wedding the smoke was around me again. In my mind I asked my dad why is he bothering me today and if something was wrong. I felt like leaving but didn't want to be the first to leave. I should have because my mum fell and broke her arm. If I had left when I thought about it my mum might not have broken her arm as I would have been there.

I have since changed my job and no longer have the lingering smoke smell but I now work with a lady who claims to see things. One day she saw a dark shadow pass through the office and asked everyone if they saw it. Everyone was lost on the question except me. When I told my mother what happened she advised me not to say if I see anything.

She recently told me that there is this tall man around me, it is more of an outline and she cannot see the face. Funny enough when she mentions his presence I am normally in a foul or foggy mood and have this anxious energy about myself. She told me that she has been seeing it for a while but never felt inclined to tell me.

When she has mentioned this to me I remembered a recent experience where I was in a deep sleep and felt a presence. When I get up I saw a man drifting into the bathroom, he did not walk and appeared to be gliding out of my sight but it was pretty quick. I was so convinced that it was someone there I called my cousin to check but there was no one. I was sleeping in my mum's room that night and she has told me she saw my dad before but I can't confirm that it was him as the face was not clear.

Additionally, there have been times when I was sleeping in my room and felt a presence but when I got up I see dark shadows moving in the hall as if trying to get out of my sight. I have wondered if it is just that my eyes are sleepy.

The last of my recent experience occurred in the morning at day break, I was in my room and not fully awake. I heard someone call my name and gently poked me on the stomach. I opened my eyes immediately but there was no one there. I went into my mum's room and both my mum and niece were sleeping. I never told my mum, but weird enough the exact same thing happened to my mum a week later, the exact same thing.

Should I be paying attention to these events? I am looking forward to your comments.

1 Response to "Should I Be Paying Attention?"

  1. Anonymous says:

    First sorry for my bad language I'm from Romania. I've read your story and its very interesting. I think you should pay attention , you have a special gift like a medium, as you said since you were a little girl used to talk with a ghost.You mum as well has a gift but she doesn't want to talk about that and I wonder why? I think you should try to contact somebody like medium to explain all this thinks. Good luck

Post a Comment

Powered by eBizar